Mercury Jets is an on-demand air charter provider specializing in private jet charter and services in Portugal. Our team is composed of industry-leading professionals dedicated to providing our customers with the ultimate air charter experience.
We are committed to safety, reliability, and white glove customer service. To obtain a charter quote tailored to your specific needs, please use the marketplace tool provide above, or call our agents 24/7 at +1 (212) 840 8000 for a custom solution.
Portugal Private Jets Information and Place to Visit
Mercury Jets offers private jet charter services to and from Portugal.
The Portuguese Republic is located in the southwest corner of the Iberian Peninsula, and its coastline is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean. The country is divided into four regions: northern, central, metropolitan, and southern, as well as the island of Madeira and the Azores archipelago. Despite its small size, recreation options are plentiful. The architecture, scenery, and atmosphere are completely diverse. You can enjoy plenty of activities and sights with a private jet flight to Portugal.
Once you’ve chartered a private jet to Portugal, you may start the exploration of the country with its capital city – Lisbon. Here, you can visit the famous Alfama district and soak up the Portuguese culture. Next, head over to the Tagus River for a walk or a swim, and check out some of the famous landmarks like the Jerónimos Monastery or the National Palace. If you’re interested in history, make sure to check out some of the oldest churches in the city.
When renting a private jet flight to Portugal, it will be a great idea to visit another city – Sintra. You can see the ancestral estates’ towers, the castles’ walls, and old castles on the green hills and in the misty forests. The Pena Palace, Sintra’s crown jewel, is at the very top. However, the mystical Quinta da Regaleira, known for its mysterious underground passages, upside-down towers, and Masonic stories, is hidden in the dense park and has a completely different atmosphere.
You should also visit the most southern region, Algarve, when booking a private jet to Portugal. Faro is the largest city in the Algarve. Beautiful sandy beaches and lagoons, five-star hotels and golf courses, quaint fish restaurants, and traditional architecture are all features of this resort. Include the Church do Carmo, a magnificent example of Baroque architecture, and the Rococo Palace of Estoi in the cultural program.
If you want to experience a little extreme and adventure, book a private flight to Portugal and explore Madeira. There are many options for ecotourism, surfing, gastro tourism, diving, cultural events, and lazily unwinding on the beach. The lush green island rises majestically above the water, a thousand miles off the European coast. Funchal is Madeira’s capital. It will enthrall you as soon as you step foot in its historic streets.
And if you’re looking for a little more excitement, head over to the Azores, a group of nine islands in the Atlantic Ocean. There are many things to do there, including diving with whales in the archipelago’s waters, climbing caves with underground geysers, wandering on the edge of volcano craters, and just admiring breathtaking landscapes. So whether you’re in the mood for sun and sand, history and culture, or simply stunning natural beauty, Portugal private jet flight is the perfect destination for a rewarding vacation.
Most popular Portugal airports for private jets
Renting a private plane allows you to customize your trip to Portugal to suit your unique requirements. Many of the world’s major airports are ideal locations for the establishment of private aircraft home bases. Lisbon Airport (LIS / LPPT) is the biggest and most significant airport in Portugal.
Best Aircraft Category for Charter Flights to Portugal Area
Ultra-long-range, heavy, super-midsize, midsize, light jets, and turboprops are the most frequently used types of aircraft for a private jet flight to Portugal.
Before booking a private jet charter to Portugal, you should consider the number of passengers, the desired level of luxury, the shortest runway, and the furthest distance the plane will fly without stopping. The local airports have everything necessary to handle flight arrivals and departures.
- The ultra-long-range jet is the biggest, fastest, and most powerful aircraft type. Some of these airplanes have a maximum passenger capacity greater than the typical 14 to 16 passengers. The top speed of a typical ultra-long-range aircraft is 500 knots. Additionally, compared to standard jets, ultra-long-range jets have a longer range, enabling the charter of nonstop international flights. For instance, private aircraft like the Gulfstream G-550, Global 6000, and Global 7500 are available for booking flights to Portugal.
- Currently, heavy jets can fly for up to 13 hours without refueling. In addition, they can hold up to 18 passengers, making them perfect for lengthy international flights. The Gulfstream G-IVSP, Challenger 650, and Challenger 604 are great choices if you require a heavy jet.
- Super-midsize jets are among the most widely used aircraft types due to their speed and range (they can fly nonstop for five to eight hours). Additionally, they have room for ten people. For super-midsize jet charters to Portugal, the Challenger 300, Challenger 350, and Gulfstream G-200 are fantastic choices.
- The Wi-Fi and communication systems found on midsize jets enable long-distance travel. Additionally, there is room inside for up to ten people. Private jet passengers can choose from a variety of midsize aircraft to Portugal, such as Hawker 900 XP, Learjet 60, and Citation VII.
- Smaller groups seeking to charter a private jet to Portugal should strongly consider using light jets, which are intended for shorter local flights (up to 6 passengers). Light jets like the Eclipse 500, Citation CJ1, and Citation XLS are excellent choices for arranging a private flight to Portugal.
- Turboprop planes can reach altitudes of up to 35,000 feet. They are best for trips of 600 to 1000 miles in the distance. Additionally, turboprop planes have a greater capacity for both passengers and cargo, and they can land on shorter runways than aircraft powered by jet engines. In general, turboprop aircraft can carry six to eight passengers, and they are designed to allow for passenger-to-passenger business meetings so that everyone can make the most of their time in the air. Pilatus PC-12/47E (NG), King Air 200, and King Air 250 are good choices for a private flight to Portugal.
Hire Private Jets to Portugal with Mercury Jets
We guarantee that every aspect of our private jet rental service will be of the best quality. A leader in the private aviation sector, Mercury Jets is a provider of charter jets. Our experts are available at all times to help you if you need to find a suitable private jet charter in Portugal.
If you’re planning a trip to Portugal, consider renting a private jet with Mercury Jets. Our top priorities are making sure that your journey is safe and comfortable. To book a flight to Portugal, or to speak to a representative, call us at +1 212 840 8000.